This craft illustrates the last moments of Samson’s life.
“28 Then Samson called to the Lord and said, “O Lord God, please remember me and please strengthen me just this time, O God, that I may at once be avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.” 29 Samson grasped the two middle pillars on which the house rested, and braced himself against them, the one with his right hand and the other with his left. 30 And Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” And he bent with all his might so that the house fell on the lords and all the people who were in it. So the dead whom he killed at his death were more than those whom he killed in his life.” Judges 16:28-30
- Print the template. Print the first page of the template to the back of the second page. (Template)
- Color in all of the template.
- Fold along the dotted lines.
- Glue the two pillars to the bases on the second page of the template.
- Glue Samson to one of the pillars and glue the temple roof over the other pillar.
This craft is fun to make and silly to wear. Well maybe on adults…
Kids love reading the story of strong Samson and this craft will help them remember your lesson.
- Print the template on card stock. (Template)
- Color and cut out all three pieces.
- On the main piece fold on the solid lines of both side parts making a crease on each side.
- Fold on the solid line of both straps, again creation a crease on each strap.
- Glue a strap to each side of the main piece.
- Glue strips of construction paper or strands of yarn onto the two straps. Make sure they are the same color as the hair on the main piece. If you build up the layers at different angels and lengths the hair will look more realistic.
- Wrap the straps around the child’s head, getting the correct fit.
- Use a couple of paper clips or a piece of tape to hold the shape. Then add glue to set it in place.
- If you need to, in case of big ears like mine :), cut off some of the strips around the ear.
This craft will bring out the creativity in your kids. Kids love reading the story of strong Samson and this craft will help them remember your lesson. Be creative with the materials you use.
- Print and color the template. (Template)
- Depending on the material you use: String– Cut and glue different lengths of string to the top of Samson’s head. You can even mix and match colors. Cooked Spaghetti– When you cook the spaghetti, cook it in batches and add food coloring to the water. Playdough– Use homemade or store bought playdough.
If you laminate the page after you color it, you will get many uses out of this activity.