“8 But Daniel made up his mind that he would not defile himself with the king’s choice food or with the wine which he drank; so he sought permission from the commander of the officials that he might not defile himself. 9 Now God granted Daniel favor and compassion in the sight of the commander of the officials, 10 and the commander of the officials said to Daniel, “I am afraid of my lord the king, who has appointed your food and your drink; for why should he see your faces looking more haggard than the youths who are your own age? Then you would make me forfeit my head to the king.” 11 But Daniel said to the overseer whom the commander of the officials had appointed over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, 12 “Please test your servants for ten days, and let us be given some vegetables to eat and water to drink.” Daniel 1:8-12
- Print the template on card stock. (Template)
- Cut a paper plate in half.
- Cut the inside of a second paper plate, leaving the rim.
- Glue one of the paper plate halves to the bottom of the plate rim.
- Glue the other half to the other side of the rim.
- Paint or color the assembled paper plate basket brown.
- Color and cut out all of the template pieces.
- Glue the template pieces inside the basket. Make sure that you can see all of the vegetables sticking out of the basket.
You can also decorate the basket with a weaving pattern using brown construction paper.