Have your kids make their very own ark of the covenant.
This craft can be used for telling the story of:
- Its creation, description and purpose.
- Crossing the river Jordan.
- The battle of Jericho.
- Having it stolen and returned by the Philistines.
- Its return to Jerusalem.
- God granting Solomon wisdom.
- The creation of Solomon’s temple.
- Print the template on either yellow or white card stock. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces if you printed it on white card stock. If printed on yellow card stock you can skip the coloring it in part.
- Assemble the bottom, large box by folding on the solid lines and adding glue to the tabs.
- Once the large box is assembled, glue the long pieces to each side of the box.
- Next assemble the rectangular piece.
- Glue on the rectangular piece to the top of the large box.
- Finally glue on both angels.
God hears His children’s prayers. All Hannah ever wanted was a baby and in this story we see God lovingly answer the prayer of one of His children.
- Print the templates. (Template)
- Color and cut out all three pieces.
- Glue the pieces onto construction paper. Make sure to use the same color for all of the pieces.
- Cut the templates from the construction paper.
- Take the larger piece and fold on the solid line creating a crease.
- Finally glue the hands to the other side of the larger piece.
When the sides are closed Hannah’s hands will be together in prayer and when you open the hands she will be holding baby Samuel.