ark of the covenant
Your kids will use simple materials in order to create their own ark of the covenant.
While your kids are making their very own ark of the covenant, go over why the ark was built, its purpose and significance.
- Print the template on card stock or construction paper. (Template)
- Color and cut out the ark of the covenant template. Skip the coloring step by printing the template on gold construction paper.
- Glue yellow colored popsicle sticks onto the template. You can also paint regular wooden popsicle sticks yellow using markers or paint.
- If you desire, decorate the ark of the covenant using glitter.
A quick craft to go along with the story of Solomon building the temple in Jerusalem.
This craft can also be done for the story of the reconstruction of the temple.
- Print the template on card stock. (Template)
- Color the template.
- Cut out the template.
- Assemble the temple by adding glue to the side tabs.
Your kids can use gold glitter glue to decorate the columns, doors and side panels.
Have your kids make their very own ark of the covenant.
This craft can be used for telling the story of:
- Its creation, description and purpose.
- Crossing the river Jordan.
- The battle of Jericho.
- Having it stolen and returned by the Philistines.
- Its return to Jerusalem.
- God granting Solomon wisdom.
- The creation of Solomon’s temple.
- Print the template on either yellow or white card stock. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces if you printed it on white card stock. If printed on yellow card stock you can skip the coloring it in part.
- Assemble the bottom, large box by folding on the solid lines and adding glue to the tabs.
- Once the large box is assembled, glue the long pieces to each side of the box.
- Next assemble the rectangular piece.
- Glue on the rectangular piece to the top of the large box.
- Finally glue on both angels.