Popsicle Stick Ark Of The Covenant
Your kids will use simple materials in order to create their own ark of the covenant.
While your kids are making their very own ark of the covenant, go over why the ark was built, its purpose and significance.
- Print the template on card stock or construction paper. (Template)
- Color and cut out the ark of the covenant template. Skip the coloring step by printing the template on gold construction paper.
- Glue yellow colored popsicle sticks onto the template. You can also paint regular wooden popsicle sticks yellow using markers or paint.
- If you desire, decorate the ark of the covenant using glitter.
Golden Calf Idol
“I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me.” Exodus 20:2-5
The Israelites were given a clear and simple commandment, but when they were faced with fear and anxiety by the absence of Moses for forty days they rebelled against God. They asked Aaron to make them an image of their supposed god and worshiped it in the most depraved ways.
There is a lot for our kids to learn from this Bible story. God is the only true living God. To worship anyone or anything besides Him is a sin and an open attack against who He is. Our kids should learn that we shouldn’t worship any image, idol or rendering of God because those things are not God. There is no way we can ever fully represent the holiness and awesomeness and perfection of God through an image. We would fail before we even began.
“4 Their idols are silver and gold, made by human hands. 5 They have mouths but cannot speak, eyes, but cannot see. 6 They have ears but cannot hear, noses, but cannot smell. 7 They have hands but cannot feel, feet, but cannot walk. They cannot make a sound with their throats. 8 Those who make them are just like them, as are all who trust in them.” Psalm 115:4-8
- Print the templates onto cardstock. (Template)
- Color in the templates.
- Cut out all of the pieces, including cutting on the dashed lines of each piece.
- Glue both neck pieces together to form a single piece. Do the same for the body and the legs.
- At this point if you choose you can glitter each individual piece. Allow the pieces to dry.
- Attach the pieces together to form the golden calf.
You must be logged in to post a comment.