Jesus Rides A Donkey Into Jerusalem
This donkey craft helps the kiddos remember the Easter story of Jesus triumphantly entering into Jerusalem, with crowds waiving palm branches and crying out “Hosanna”.
- Print out and color the donkey templates. (Template)
- Cut out the donkey and glue both sides together.
- Paint/color two clothespins gray.
- Then paint the bottom of the clothes pins black for the hooves.
- Using small pieces of black string, glue them onto the mane and the tail of the donkey. Cut off any excess string.
- Add the clothes pins to the finished body of the donkey.
This craft can also be made for the story of Balaam’s donkey.
We can be very stubborn when we want to do things our way. Many times this happens when we are doing something wrong.
This craft will help the kiddos remember to always listen to what God says and not be as stubborn as Balaam. And like Balaam’s donkey, to always speak up when it comes to standing up for God’s truth.
- Print and color the template. (Template)
- Cut it out and glue it onto a piece on cardstock or construction paper.
- Cut out the template from the cardstock or construction paper.
- Glue on two large googly eyes and black string for the hair.
- Finally glue on a large craft stick for a handle.
You can also use this craft for Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem or Mary and Joseph’s trip to Bethlehem.
You must be logged in to post a comment.