This donkey craft helps the kiddos remember the Easter story of Jesus triumphantly entering into Jerusalem, with crowds waiving palm branches and crying out “Hosanna”.
- Print out and color the donkey templates. (Template)
- Cut out the donkey and glue both sides together.
- Paint/color two clothespins gray.
- Then paint the bottom of the clothes pins black for the hooves.
- Using small pieces of black string, glue them onto the mane and the tail of the donkey. Cut off any excess string.
- Add the clothes pins to the finished body of the donkey.
This craft can also be made for the story of Balaam’s donkey.