Peter and his friends were experienced fishermen; they knew what they were doing. They had fished all night without catching a single fish. So when Jesus told him to row to a deeper part of the lake and lower his net it took a lot of trust from Peter. The trust and faith he had for Jesus led him to obey and this is what we want our kiddos to learn. Trusting in the word of God leads to obedience.
- Print out the disciples in the boat page. (Template)
- Color the main image.
- Color and cut out the fish templates.
- Glue the fish onto the main image. Use as many fish as you like.
- Cut a sheet of white, brown or gray construction paper into thin strips. The thickness depends on the age of the children that will be making the craft. Younger kids will need thicker strips and older kids can use really thin ones.
- Glue the strips onto the main page, one at a time, in a crisscross pattern to make the net.