Have your kids make their very own ark of the covenant.
This craft can be used for telling the story of:
- Its creation, description and purpose.
- Crossing the river Jordan.
- The battle of Jericho.
- Having it stolen and returned by the Philistines.
- Its return to Jerusalem.
- God granting Solomon wisdom.
- The creation of Solomon’s temple.
- Print the template on either yellow or white card stock. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces if you printed it on white card stock. If printed on yellow card stock you can skip the coloring it in part.
- Assemble the bottom, large box by folding on the solid lines and adding glue to the tabs.
- Once the large box is assembled, glue the long pieces to each side of the box.
- Next assemble the rectangular piece.
- Glue on the rectangular piece to the top of the large box.
- Finally glue on both angels.
The city of Jericho feared the God of the Israelites. They had heard how He had freed them from Egypt and helped them cross the Red Sea.
Rahab feared God as well.
The city wanted to capture the spies and destroy them, but not Rahab. Rahab believed that God was the one true God and set out to protect the spies. Her household was saved because of her faith. Rahab serves as a good example of salvation through faith.
- Print the template on card stock. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces.
- Assemble the support piece found on the second page.
- Glue the hay to the top of the wall.
- Glue a piece of red string or yarn from the window of the tower. Give the string enough time to fry.
- Glue the tower to the assembled support piece.