“8 But Daniel made up his mind that he would not defile himself with the king’s choice food or with the wine which he drank; so he sought permission from the commander of the officials that he might not defile himself. 9 Now God granted Daniel favor and compassion in the sight of the commander of the officials, 10 and the commander of the officials said to Daniel, “I am afraid of my lord the king, who has appointed your food and your drink; for why should he see your faces looking more haggard than the youths who are your own age? Then you would make me forfeit my head to the king.” 11 But Daniel said to the overseer whom the commander of the officials had appointed over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, 12 “Please test your servants for ten days, and let us be given some vegetables to eat and water to drink.” Daniel 1:8-12
- Print the template on card stock. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces from the template, except the square strips.
- Using brown construction paper strips, create a weaving pattern on top of the paper plate.
- Cut off any excess brown construction paper, leaving a perfect circle.
- Glue on the handles.
- Assemble the square strips.
- Glue the assembled glue strips to the corresponding template piece.
- Glue the assembled template pieces to the paper plate basket.