God Searches Our Hearts
Our kids are growing up in a world that is obsessed with outwardly appearances. They are made to feel like they won’t fit in if they don’t have the same clothes as all of their friends. Even adults are bombarded with commercials telling them they need this or that to make themselves more attractive and happier.
But what does God look at? What does He care about?
God looks at our hearts. “God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7
Since God looks at our hearts, shouldn’t we be more concerned with our souls than our bodies? This is what we want our kids to learn. “Look deep into my heart, God, and find out everything I am thinking. Don’t let me follow evil ways, but lead me in the way that time has proven true.” Psalm 139:23-24
- Print the templates. (Template)
- Color and cut out the magnifying glasses.
- Glue the magnifying glass pieces to cardstock for strength.
- Cut out the magnifying glass from the cardstock.
- Cut out the heart and circle template.
- Glue the handles of the magnifying glasses together. Not the rim around the “glass.”
- Trace the heart onto a sheet of red construction paper and cut it out.
- Trace the circle twice onto contact paper.
- Cut out the circles.
- Take the back off of one of the circles and in the center of the circle place the heart.
- Remove the back of the other circle and place it on top of the heart/circle. This makes the “glass” of the magnifying glass.
- Place the “glass” in between the rims of the magnifying glass templates, centering it.
- Add glue to the templates to hold the “glass” in place.
6 thoughts on “God Searches Our Hearts”
December 30, 2013 at 9:09 pm
[…] God Searches Our Hearts […]
June 6, 2015 at 3:41 am
EXACTLY the kind of craft I needed to teach Psalm 139:23-24!!! Thank you so much!!!
December 9, 2015 at 8:26 pm
[…] https://craftingthewordofgod.com/2013/08/02/god-searches-our-hearts/ […]
December 9, 2015 at 8:27 pm
Thanks for the great idea! I included it in my blog post today. http://embraceenthusiasm.net/2015/12/09/advent-unwrapping-the-greatest-gift-day-11-12-13-14-15-craft-ideas/
July 21, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Thank you for this wonderful idea and your website of other wonderful ideas. Great for VBS activities!
September 21, 2017 at 8:36 pm
Youre welcome. I hope I can help make planing your VBS just a little easier.