Dipped Pine Cone Ornaments
Today’s post comes from a guest blogger, Mary-Kate Warner from Christianity Cove, sharing how a simple pine cone can teach our kids a great message this Christmas season.
The pine cone is the only Christmas ornament that can be found on the forest floor. It is simple, free and beautiful, just like our salvation. But it is also complex like God’s wonderful universe. While making pine cone ornaments, kids can come to better understand our relationship with the Almighty.
- Pine Cones, Different Sizes
- Acrylic Paint, Variety Of Colors
- Paint Brushes, One For Each Child
- Wax paper
- Red Or Green Ribbon, Thin
1. Paint the pine cone in whatever paint combination you choose. You can either just paint the tips or paint by immersion—whichever works best for you. (Immersion is messier!)
2. Place the pine cone, wide side down, onto wax paper.
3. Allow it to completely dry.
4. Brush the dry, painted tips with smaller bits of white, if desired. Or you can brush tips with glue and sprinkle with glitter to add some extra sparkle.
5. Thread a piece of red or green ribbon through the pine cone on the bottom of the base. Tie a knot and leave enough length of ribbon so it can be tied to a tree branch or bow of a Christmas package.
Pine cones make great Christmas decorations. They’re beautiful, aren’t they? And we can find them on the forest floor…they’re like free gifts from God! How is a pine cone like our salvation? Our salvation is also a free gift from God that is very beautiful.
Do you know what a pine cone actually is? It is a seed pod. It carries the seeds of the pine tree to make other pine trees. It’s amazing! The pine cone just tumbles around…being its beautiful self…and other pine trees are born because of it. If we are Christians, what can happen if we act like a pine cone? We can share God’s love and make others aware that God loves them.
When we place our pine cones on our Christmas trees, or gift wrap presents using our pine cone, let’s remember that people can see God’s love and reap God’s great reward of salvation by watching us!
“Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16
Mary-Kate is a regular blogger at Christianity Cove. You can often find her writing about Christian Motherhood, Homeschool Teaching, Bible Study and Sunday School Activities, Faith and inspiring children to love God.
3 thoughts on “Dipped Pine Cone Ornaments”
August 10, 2014 at 4:37 pm
[…] Dipped Pine Cone Ornaments Christmas Craft […]
December 10, 2016 at 2:27 pm
[…] PineCone Dipped PineCone Ornaments […]
December 26, 2016 at 1:20 am
[…] Simple Way to Make Dipped Pine Cone Christmas Tree Ornaments […]