This psalm is probably the best known passage of the Old Testament. It is a testimony by David to the God’s faithfulness throughout his life. This psalm serves as a reminder to our kids that God watches over us and takes care of us.
“1 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. 3 He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and loving kindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” Psalm 23
- Print the template on card stock. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces.
- Assemble The Body: Fold on the solid and dashed lines. Glue the hinges to the sides of the legs. Slit both of the solid lines on the back of the sheep.
- Assemble The Head: Fold on the solid lines. Add glue to the underside of the middle square and fold the head back gluing it in place.
- Finally place the tail part of the head piece through the first slit of the back of the sheep and bring it up through the second slit.
This craft can also be used for other Bible stories.
- Cain and Abel’s offerings to God. (Genesis 4)
- Jesus as the Good Shepherd. (John 10:1-17)
- Jesus as The Lamb of God. (John 1:29-35)
- Jesus sacrificial death. (Isaiah 53)
- The shepherds visiting Christ on the night of His birth. (Luke 2:7-20)
- Israel’s practice of burnt offerings.
- The Passover. (Exodus 12)
- The story of David. (1 Samuel 17)
- False teachers as wolves in sheep’s clothing. (Matthew 7:15-20)
- The final judgement. (Matthew 25:32-33)