A sun catcher craft for the story of Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego and the fiery furnace.
Your kids might need some help cutting out the template.
“23 But these three men, Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego, fell into the midst of the furnace of blazing fire still tied up. 24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astounded and stood up in haste; he said to his high officials, “Was it not three men we cast bound into the midst of the fire?” They replied to the king, “Certainly, O king.” 25 He said, “Look! I see four men loosed and walking about in the midst of the fire without harm, and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods!” 26 Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the door of the furnace of blazing fire; he responded and said, “Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego, come out, you servants of the Most High God, and come here!” Then Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego came out of the midst of the fire.” Daniel 3:23-26
- Print the template onto card stock. (Template)
- Color the Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego figure.
- Glue the template sheet to the back of a sheet of black construction paper.
- Cut out all of the white of the inside of the furnace from the template. You will be left with the furnace outline.
- Then cut out the whole figure of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
- Place the furnace outline onto a self laminating sheet or contact paper, construction paper side down.
- Place the figure of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in the center of the furnace outline.
- Fill the inside of the furnace with different color tissue paper.
- Cover with another sheet of self laminating sheet or contact paper.
- Cut out the furnace from the laminating sheet or contact paper.
- Stick the fiery furnace onto your window with double sided tape.