This quick craft will help illustrate the story of Jesus’ ascension.
“9 And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.10 And as they were gazing intently into [h]the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them.11 They also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into[i]the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.” Acts 1:9-11
- Print the template on card stock. (Template)
- Color the main image and the Jesus figure.
- Cut out the Jesus figure and the attachment parts.
- Assemble the Jesus figure and handle: Glue the singular rectangular piece to the back of the Jesus figure. Then take the longer attachment piece and bend the solid lines creating creases. Glue the two larger rectangles together. Finally glue the smaller rectangles to the rectangle on the back of the Jesus figure.
- Cut on the solid line on the main image.
- Stick the Jesus figure piece through the slit on the main image. The Jesus figure can now go up and down.