Paint projects seem to end up the same way with young children, their faces and arms covered in paint. It becomes a full body experience.
Worse of all most store bought face paint contain lead and other dangerous toxic chemicals. This simple recipe will give you peace of mind that your kids can still have fun painting tiger faces and flowers, and will not be putting toxic chemicals on themselves.
Mix a full array of colors in an empty ice tray container and have an afternoon full of fun!
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon facial or body lotion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon water
- Food coloring, a couple of drops
- Combine all the ingredients, except the food coloring in a small bowl. Start with 1/2 teaspoon of water and increase by 1/4 teaspoons until you get your desired consistency.
- Pour your mixture into one or two cubes of an empty ice tray. Depending on how many colors you want you will have to triple or quadruple the recipe.
- Finally add a few drops of different food coloring combinations to each cube. Mix with a small toothpick until fully blended.