telling the truth
God hates it when we lie! When we lie we are going against His very nature John 14:6. God hates lying so much that He included it as one of the Ten Commandments.
We can clearly see how serious God is about lies and this is what we want our kids to learn as well. They need to understand that God hates it when we lie. That lying is a serious sin.
“Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, But those who deal faithfully are His delight.” Proverbs 12:22
It ruins friendships and characters. It hurts others and it can even influence others to sin as well.
Take this opportunity to correct the worlds false view of lying. The world believes in half-truths and “white” lies, but Gods Word shows us that a lie is a lie. They need to comprehend that when we lie we hurt others.
Tell your kids that it takes love to tell someone the truth, even when they know they will be hurt by their response; making an emphasis on the fact that the truth needs to be said lovingly. Teaching them that we need to practice sincere honesty with our family, friends, and in the church.
- Print the template onto card stock. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces.
- Take the tongue piece and fold on the solid line, creating a crease.
- Glue the tongue to the lips.
- If your have boys they can glue on the mustache.
- Glue a large popsicle stick to the back of the lips. It will serve as a handle.
This craft might look silly, but it will help your kids remember this important biblical truth.