Mothers Day. The day we celebrate how special our mothers are and thank them for the blessing that they are in our lives.
As I was coming up with craft ideas for mothers day I resorted first to cards. I can think back to my elementary school years and remember making dozens and dozens of cards. I’m sure you can do the same. Nothing compared to the feeling of working hard (or what seemed like hard work as a child 🙂 ) to create something beautiful and then rushing home to proudly give it to mom.
A couple of days ago I was reading a blog post and came upon the line mommy has my heart. Putting two and two together I came up with this cute heart shaped mothers day card. The kiddos will enjoy making this for their moms, grandmas or for any other mom in their lives they would like to show their love towards.
- Print out the big heart onto a piece of cardstock. (Template)
- Cut strips of different widths (preferably red and pink, but you can mix things up) and glue them onto the heart at a slight angle.
- Cut around the heart cutting off any overhanging strips.
- Next print out the smaller heart.
- Color in the little hearts around the rim of the heart. You can color in the inner heart if you choose.
- Glue the smaller heart onto the large heart.
- With glitter glue fill in the white border around the heart.