Aaron’s Rod Becomes a Snake
God appeared to Moses in a burning bush and told Moses He was sending him to Pharaoh to bring Gods people out of Egypt. Moses had many objections to God’s plan. He was fearful of Pharaoh rather than trusting in God. Four times he expressed his fear to God. When Moses expressed his lack of faith a fifth time, God became angry. Although God was angry with Moses, He had compassion on Moses. He understood Moses weakness and told Moses that He would send Aaron with him.
“The Lord said, “Moses, when the king asks you and Aaron to perform a miracle, command Aaron to throw his walking stick down in front of the king, and it will turn into a snake.” Exodus 7:8-9
- Print out the template. (Template)
- Cut out all of the pieces.
- Trace them onto construction paper. For the rod use brown. For the snake your kiddos can be creative.
- Assemble the snake and cut of any overhang of construction paper so you are left with a perfect snake shape.
- Glue the rod onto a piece of cardstock.
- Cut it out leaving a small white border.
- Then glue on the snake.
The kiddos can also draw on wood designs onto the rod if they choose.