Breastplate Of Righteousness
“…and having put on the breastplate of righteousness.” Ephesians 6:14
- Print the templates. (Template) The pages marked A are for an older child. The ones marked B are for a younger child.
- Cut out the templates.
- To assemble the breastplate glue together the template pieces.
- For extra strength glue the assembled breastplate onto one side of a grocery paper bag. Cut it out of the paper bag.
- Cut out the half oval template and trace it onto 2 or 3 different colors of construction paper.
- Cut them out and glue them onto the assembled breastplate, starting from the bottom.
- Cut out the neck strap pieces and then glue each piece onto a sheet of cardstock for strength.
- Assemble the neck strap, cutting each piece to the desired length. (As shown in the picture at the bottom.)
- Add Velcro to the beck strap and onto the breastplate to hold it in place. This makes it removable. You can also use yarn and a one hole punch if you choose not to use the neck strap.
I have included the word “Righteousness” in case your kiddo wishes to place it along the chest area of the breastplate.
4 thoughts on “Breastplate Of Righteousness”
June 5, 2013 at 2:13 am
[…] Breastplate Of Righteousness […]
June 21, 2015 at 12:40 am
The template is wrong for this piece, I’ve printed the B parts but the pieces come no where close to the picture (Pink and yellow breastplate). Where are the pieces according to the picture above?
June 21, 2015 at 12:48 am
Hi I don’t think you read the instructions correctly, or maybe I didn’t explain it clearly 🙂 the half oval shape that is included in the template is traced on construction paper. In my case I used red and yellow construction paper. Then you glue the construction pieces onto the shield.
June 21, 2015 at 12:49 am
Sorry that’s breastplate not shield.