The Legend Of The Candy Cane…
Look at a candy cane and what do you see? Stripes that are red like the blood shed for me. White for my Savior, who is sinless and pure. “J” is for Jesus, my Lord, that’s for sure! Turn it around and a staff you will see- Jesus, my shepherd is coming for me!
Many times during this Christmas season we get caught up in material things. Presents, decorations and food. It’s important to take the time to remember that those things have trully nothing to do with Christmas. The true meaning of Christmas is Christ. And that is exactly what this craft will do.
“She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21
- Print the template. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces.
- Glue the baby onto a sheet of yellow construction paper.
- Cut out the baby from the construction paper, leaving a border of yellow construction paper.
- Cut slits along the border of the construction paper at different intervals and angels.
- At this point if you like, you can decorate the candy cane with glitter. Allow the enough time for the glitter to dry.
- Finally glue the baby onto the candy cane.