The Fish And The Coin Miracle
With this craft your kids will be able to act out the coin in the fish miracle.
“24 When they came to Capernaum, those who collected the two-drachma tax came to Peter and said, “Does your teacher not pay the two-drachma tax?” 25 He said, “Yes.” And when he came into the house, Jesus spoke to him first, saying, “What do you think, Simon? From whom do the kings of the earth collect customs or poll-tax, from their sons or from strangers?” 26 When Peter said, “From strangers,” Jesus said to him, “Then the sons are exempt. 27 However, so that we do not offend them, go to the sea and throw in a hook, and take the first fish that comes up; and when you open its mouth, you will find a shekel. Take that and give it to them for you and Me.” Matthew 17:24-27
- Print the template on card stock. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces.
- Glue the single hand onto the coin piece where it says “glue hand here.”
- Glue the arm piece onto the bottom of the fish, so it looks as if the arm is holding the fish.
- Carefully cut the two thin slits on the fish.
- Weave the coin piece through the two slits.
Your kids can now use the second hand to pull the coin our of the fishes mouth.
One thought on “The Fish And The Coin Miracle”
May 20, 2017 at 12:33 am
thank u, God bless.. 🙂