A diorama style craft to be used for the story of the Israelites crossing the Jordan and entering the promised land.
“14 So when the people set out from their tents to cross the Jordan with the priests carrying the ark of the covenant before the people, 15 and when those who carried the ark came into the Jordan, and the feet of the priests carrying the ark were dipped in the edge of the water (for the Jordan overflows all its banks all the days of harvest), 16 the waters which were [d]flowing down from above stood and rose up in one heap, a great distance away at Adam, the city that is beside Zarethan; and those which were [e]flowing down toward the sea of the Arabah, the Salt Sea, were completely cut off. So the people crossed opposite Jericho. 17 And the priests who carried the ark of the covenant of the Lord stood firm on dry ground in the middle of the Jordan while all Israel crossed on dry ground until all the nation had finished crossing the Jordan.” Joshua 3:14-17
- Print the template on cardstock. You will need to use a sturdier paper than regular printing paper. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces.
- Fold along the line where the wall of water and the dry ground meet. THis will create the crease to get it to stand.
- Fold the rectangular piece back on every figure, creating the base.
- Glue the figures onto the dry ground.