chariot of fire
Coloring pages are a great way to end a Sunday School lesson. They can serve as a great take home activity. Or sometimes you just need to fill in those last five minutes before the end of class.
Preview and print this free printable coloring page by clicking on the link below.
Feel free to browse all of our Bible print-outs.
“As they were going along and talking, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire and horses of fire which separated the two of them. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind to heaven.” 2 Kings 2:11
I had a lot of fun coming up with this craft. It took quite a few tries to finally get the size of the chariot and flaming horse just right. I’m sure your kids will love making it. This craft is a great reminder of the story of Elijah being taken up to heaven in a flaming chariot.
Scripture mentions flaming horses, not just a horse, so if you like you can print an extra horse for every child.
You can also make the reins out of colored ribbon or yarn.
- Print the templates. This craft needs to be printed on cardstock. You can print it on regular paper, but you will then have to glue it onto construction paper. (Template)
- Color in all of the images.
- Cut out all of the pieces, including the spaces between the spokes of the wheel.
- For the flaming horse, after it is cut out, bend the solid lines making creases.
- Finish the horse by coloring in the blank flame on the horses mane. If you will be making two horses repeat steps 3-5 for the second horse.
- For the chariot bend the tabs on the platform of the chariot.
- Glue the platform to the main piece of the chariot (the curved rectangular piece). Start with the large back tabs. Then the smaller ones in front.
- Glue the flames to each side of the chariot.
- Glue on the small rectangular piece towards the bottom front of the chariot. Folding on the solid line and adding glue to the part marked with an x.
- Finally glue on the wheels to each side of the chariot.