Elijah Taken Up To Heaven
“As they were going along and talking, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire and horses of fire which separated the two of them. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind to heaven.” 2 Kings 2:11
I had a lot of fun coming up with this craft. It took quite a few tries to finally get the size of the chariot and flaming horse just right. I’m sure your kids will love making it. This craft is a great reminder of the story of Elijah being taken up to heaven in a flaming chariot.
Scripture mentions flaming horses, not just a horse, so if you like you can print an extra horse for every child.
You can also make the reins out of colored ribbon or yarn.
- Print the templates. This craft needs to be printed on cardstock. You can print it on regular paper, but you will then have to glue it onto construction paper. (Template)
- Color in all of the images.
- Cut out all of the pieces, including the spaces between the spokes of the wheel.
- For the flaming horse, after it is cut out, bend the solid lines making creases.
- Finish the horse by coloring in the blank flame on the horses mane. If you will be making two horses repeat steps 3-5 for the second horse.
- For the chariot bend the tabs on the platform of the chariot.
- Glue the platform to the main piece of the chariot (the curved rectangular piece). Start with the large back tabs. Then the smaller ones in front.
- Glue the flames to each side of the chariot.
- Glue on the small rectangular piece towards the bottom front of the chariot. Folding on the solid line and adding glue to the part marked with an x.
- Finally glue on the wheels to each side of the chariot.
One thought on “Elijah Taken Up To Heaven”
October 10, 2013 at 7:45 pm
[…] Elijah Taken Up to Heaven from Crafting the Word of God […]