The Plague Of Lice, Gnats, Fleas
Todays crafts are based on the third plague on Egypt, the plague of lice, gnats, fleas.
The word used in Exodus to describe the third plague is כִּנִּים which can be translated as lice, gnats or fleas. So I decided not to pick one of these insects specifically and will leave it up to you to decide which one to use.
“They did so; and Aaron stretched out his hand with his staff, and struck the dust of the earth, and there were gnats on man and beast. All the dust of the earth became gnats through all the land of Egypt.” Exodus 8:17
Balloon Lice, Gnat, Flea
- Print the template onto cardstock. (Template)
- Color in the insect.
- Cut out the insect.
- Cut the solid line that is between the thorax and abdomen of the insect.
- Stick the lips/opening of a small water balloon through the cut you just made. It is better to pick a balloon color that matches the color of the insect. I only had green balloons that I could use for the example but having the colors match is best.
Your kids can now slightly blow up the balloons to help simulate the infestation and obviously the feeding these insects had over the Egyptians.
If you blow up the balloon most of the way, when you release the air the bugs will also scurry along the table.
- Using a one hole punch, punch out many black or brown construction paper circles to represent the insects. You can also punch out red or pink circles to represent bug bites.
- Grab each individual circle and with a small dot of glue, glue them to your hands and arms.
Now your kids can pretend to be covered in these tiny insects.
You must be logged in to post a comment.