Trust. That is what ten of the spies lacked. They saw with their own eyes that the land was just as God had said it would be. They saw how God protected them and sustained them in the desert. Yet they focused on the difficulties of the situation.
We want our kiddos to be like Caleb. He saw the promise of God before him. He had total trust in God and in His promises. We should teach our kiddos to trust in God, even in the face of difficult obstacles and that is what this craft will remind them of every time they use it.
- Print out the templates onto colored paper or construction paper . (Template)
- Cut out the leaves and the grapes. You will need around 20 grapes.
- Cut out the Trust template.
- Glue the leaves to the Trust template. Then the grapes.
- Cut of any excess grape overhang so that there is a clean edge.
- Glue onto a piece of white card stock.
- Cut it out leaving a small border of cardstock.
- Then glue onto a piece of purple construction paper.
- Finally cut it out again leaving a small border of purple construction paper.
For a variation you could use different shades of purple for the grapes.
I have also included an “I Am The Vine” template as a variation to this craft.