Twelve Spies Binoculars
With these spy binoculars, your kids will also be able to spy on the Promise Land.
They will also serve as a reminder of the complete faith and trust that both Caleb and Joshua had for God and His promises.
“7 And they spoke to all the congregation of the sons of Israel, saying, “The land which we passed through to spy out is an exceedingly good land. 8 If the Lord is pleased with us, then He will bring us into this land and give it to us—a land which flows with milk and honey. 9 Only do not rebel against the Lord; and do not fear the people of the land, for they will be our prey. Their protection has been removed from them, and the Lord is with us; do not fear them.” Numbers 14:7-9
- Print the template. (Template)
- Color and cut the template.
- Glue each piece of the template to a separate toilet paper roll.
- When both toilet paper rolls are covered, give them enough time to dry.
- Cut off any excess paper from the edge of the toilet paper rolls.
- Glue both finished toilet paper rolls together. Give them enough time to dry.
- With a one hole punch, punch out a hole on each side of the binoculars.
- Thread a piece of yarn through the holes in order to make the neck strap. Tie it in place.
The Twelve Spies Bookmark
Trust. That is what ten of the spies lacked. They saw with their own eyes that the land was just as God had said it would be. They saw how God protected them and sustained them in the desert. Yet they focused on the difficulties of the situation.
We want our kiddos to be like Caleb. He saw the promise of God before him. He had total trust in God and in His promises. We should teach our kiddos to trust in God, even in the face of difficult obstacles and that is what this craft will remind them of every time they use it.
- Print out the templates onto colored paper or construction paper . (Template)
- Cut out the leaves and the grapes. You will need around 20 grapes.
- Cut out the Trust template.
- Glue the leaves to the Trust template. Then the grapes.
- Cut of any excess grape overhang so that there is a clean edge.
- Glue onto a piece of white card stock.
- Cut it out leaving a small border of cardstock.
- Then glue onto a piece of purple construction paper.
- Finally cut it out again leaving a small border of purple construction paper.
For a variation you could use different shades of purple for the grapes.
I have also included an “I Am The Vine” template as a variation to this craft.
You must be logged in to post a comment.