One Body In Christ
This craft can be used to illustrate different characteristics of the church.
The church, those that have been saved repentance and by faith in Christ, is the body of Christ.
- “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.” Colossians 3:15
The one and only head of the church is Christ.
- “He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.” Colossians 1:18
Believers are baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ.
- “For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.” 1 Corinthians 12:13
The unity, love and humility that must exist within the church.
- “so that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.” 1 Corinthians 12:25-26
Every believer is spiritually equal before God.
- “For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function, so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.” Romans 12:4-5
As members of the body of Christ, we must use our gifts to serve one another.
- “Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly: if prophecy, according to the proportion of his faith; if service, in his serving; or he who teaches, in his teaching; or he who exhorts, in his exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.” Romans 12:6-8
- Print the template on cardstock. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces.
- Connect the arms and legs to the main body piece using metal brads/ paper fasteners.
- Glue the church image to the body and the cross image to the head.
One thought on “One Body In Christ”
September 20, 2017 at 7:22 pm
[…] via One Body In Christ — Crafting The Word Of God […]