This craft can be used to illustrate different characteristics of the church.
The church, those that have been saved repentance and by faith in Christ, is the body of Christ.
- “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.” Colossians 3:15
The one and only head of the church is Christ.
- “He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.” Colossians 1:18
Believers are baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ.
- “For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.” 1 Corinthians 12:13
The unity, love and humility that must exist within the church.
- “so that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.” 1 Corinthians 12:25-26
Every believer is spiritually equal before God.
- “For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function, so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.” Romans 12:4-5
As members of the body of Christ, we must use our gifts to serve one another.
- “Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly: if prophecy, according to the proportion of his faith; if service, in his serving; or he who teaches, in his teaching; or he who exhorts, in his exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.” Romans 12:6-8
- Print the template on cardstock. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces.
- Connect the arms and legs to the main body piece using metal brads/ paper fasteners.
- Glue the church image to the body and the cross image to the head.
Children don’t understand everything they read in the Bible, but they should be taught the importance of reading the Bible at an early age. Teach them the importance of reading Scripture every day. Let their lives be saturated by the Word Of God so they cultivate a habit of turning to the Bible for any question they might have.
“So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.” Romans 10:17
This craft can also be used for the story of Mary and Martha in Luke 10.
- Print the templates. I have included three different sizes of ears. (Template)
- Color the head and the ears.
- Cut out all of the pieces.
- Glue the long rectangle pieces to each side of the head/hair piece.
- Wrap the band around your kids head. Once you have the desired length use a couple of paper clips or a piece of tape to hold the shape. Then add glue to set it in place.
- Fold back the square on each ear.
- Add glue to each square on each ear and with the band around the childs head stick the ears in place.
I have included templates for both boys and girls.
This craft makes use of colors to help children understand the gospel message. The color association makes it easy for children to remember each part of the gospel.
Brown– God As The Creator
Yellow– God Is Holy
Black– Our Sin, Total Depravity, Fallen Nature
Red– Blood Of Jesus, His Perfect Sacrifice, Substitutionary Death
Green– New Life, New Creation
- Print out, onto a page of light gray cardstock, the cross template. (Template)
- Cut it out.
- Print pages three to nine onto colored construction paper or cardstock. (Each page is labeled according to color.) Or if you choose you can print out the pages on white paper and your kids can color them in by hand.
- Using paper clips place each square on the cross in place. (The paper clips will hold each square in place so you are left with the correct spacing.)
- Glue each square in its place, one at a time.