Gideon Torch Sun Catcher
“19 So Gideon and the hundred men who were with him came to the outskirts of the camp at the beginning of the middle watch, when they had just posted the watch; and they blew the trumpets and smashed the pitchers that were in their hands. 20 When the three companies blew the trumpets and broke the pitchers, they held the torches in their left hands and the trumpets in their right hands for blowing, and cried, “A sword for the Lord and for Gideon!” 21 Each stood in his place around the camp; and all the army ran, crying out as they fled.” Judges 7:19-21
- Print the template onto card stock. (Template)
- Glue the template sheet to the back of a sheet of black construction paper.
- Cut out all of the white from the template. You will be left with the border shape.
- Place the border shape onto a self-laminating sheet or contact paper, construction paper side down.
- Fill the inside of the hand/torch shape with tissue paper.
- Cover with another sheet of self laminating sheet or contact paper.
- Cut out the hand/ torch shape from the laminating sheet or contact paper.
- Stick the sun catcher to your window with double sided tape.
Copy Gideons Torch- Activity Page
Copy Gideons Torch
Activity sheets are a great way to end a Sunday School lesson. They can serve as a great take home activity. Or sometimes you just need to fill in those last five minutes before the end of class.
Preview and print this free printable activity sheet by clicking on the link below.
Feel free to browse all of our Bible print-outs.
Gideon is the story of a general that learned to rely on God. God proved through adversity and low odds that He helps His children. He fights for His children.
This is what we want our kids to learn. Life can be hard so we have to learn to rely on God.
“So that we confidently say, the Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What will man do to me?” Hebrews 13:6
- Print out the templates. (Template)
- Color the torch and the flames.
- Cut out all of the pieces.
- Fold both tabs backs creating a crease.
- Add glue to the tabs and join together, forming the cone. Curve the formed cone when dry.
- Glue four of the flames in a row, overlapping, on the inside of the cone.
- Then glue the remaining three flames, overlapping, above the first row.
You must be logged in to post a comment.