This craft illustrates the last moments of Samson’s life.
“28 Then Samson called to the Lord and said, “O Lord God, please remember me and please strengthen me just this time, O God, that I may at once be avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.” 29 Samson grasped the two middle pillars on which the house rested, and braced himself against them, the one with his right hand and the other with his left. 30 And Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” And he bent with all his might so that the house fell on the lords and all the people who were in it. So the dead whom he killed at his death were more than those whom he killed in his life.” Judges 16:28-30
- Print the template. Print the first page of the template to the back of the second page. (Template)
- Color in all of the template.
- Fold along the dotted lines.
- Glue the two pillars to the bases on the second page of the template.
- Glue Samson to one of the pillars and glue the temple roof over the other pillar.
“19 So Gideon and the hundred men who were with him came to the outskirts of the camp at the beginning of the middle watch, when they had just posted the watch; and they blew the trumpets and smashed the pitchers that were in their hands. 20 When the three companies blew the trumpets and broke the pitchers, they held the torches in their left hands and the trumpets in their right hands for blowing, and cried, “A sword for the Lord and for Gideon!” 21 Each stood in his place around the camp; and all the army ran, crying out as they fled.” Judges 7:19-21
- Print the template onto card stock. (Template)
- Glue the template sheet to the back of a sheet of black construction paper.
- Cut out all of the white from the template. You will be left with the border shape.
- Place the border shape onto a self-laminating sheet or contact paper, construction paper side down.
- Fill the inside of the hand/torch shape with tissue paper.
- Cover with another sheet of self laminating sheet or contact paper.
- Cut out the hand/ torch shape from the laminating sheet or contact paper.
- Stick the sun catcher to your window with double sided tape.