This craft illustrates the last moments of Samson’s life.
“28 Then Samson called to the Lord and said, “O Lord God, please remember me and please strengthen me just this time, O God, that I may at once be avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.” 29 Samson grasped the two middle pillars on which the house rested, and braced himself against them, the one with his right hand and the other with his left. 30 And Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” And he bent with all his might so that the house fell on the lords and all the people who were in it. So the dead whom he killed at his death were more than those whom he killed in his life.” Judges 16:28-30
- Print the template. Print the first page of the template to the back of the second page. (Template)
- Color in all of the template.
- Fold along the dotted lines.
- Glue the two pillars to the bases on the second page of the template.
- Glue Samson to one of the pillars and glue the temple roof over the other pillar.
Lots Wife Puzzle
Activity sheets are a great way to end a Sunday School lesson. They can serve as a great take home activity. Or sometimes you just need to fill in those last five minutes before the end of class.
Preview and print this free printable activity sheet by clicking on the link below.
Feel free to browse all of our Bible print-outs.
Print the template on regular copy paper, but I recommend card stock.
Color then cut out each puzzle piece.
To make the pieces last longer you can laminate each individual piece.
Lots wife not only was warned of the coming destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, but was provided with a way of escape for herself and her family. She was given very simple instructions, do not turn around and look at the city. Instead of fleeing for her life she turned around because her heart was set on the sinful city and as a consequence of her disobedience she turned into a pillar of salt.
Instead of setting our minds and hearts on the things of this world we should set them on God.
“18 For many walk, of whom I often told you, and now tell you even weeping, that they are enemies of the cross of Christ, 19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their appetite, and whose glory is in their shame, who set their minds on earthly things. 20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.” Philippians 3:18-20
“Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.” Colossians 3:2
- Print the templates. (Template)
- Color in the main image.
- Cut out the pillar figure.
- Glue the figure onto the main image.
- Brush glue onto the pillar figure then sprinkle on table salt.
- Allow the figure to slightly dry then tap excess salt off.
God never abandoned the Israelites in the dessert and in the same way God does not abandon His children.
Through this story the kiddos will learn that God is always with His children guiding them and protecting them.
- Wrap a toilet paper roll with blue construction paper and a second one with either black or purple construction paper.
- On the blue toilet paper, glue on white cotton balls. Different sizes and patterns.
- With the black roll, using red, yellow and/or orange tissue paper, make little bunches and then glue them onto the pillar.
I have included flame templates in case you do not wish to use the tissue paper. (Template)