David was a master musician, a poet, a writer of psalms, a worshiper and a man after God’s own heart. This cute craft will serve as a great reminder of the life of David. A lowly shepherd boy chosen by God to be the king of Israel.
- Print the template onto cardstock. If you use regular paper glue the template onto a piece of construction paper for strength. (Template)
- Cut out the template from the cardstock or construction paper.
- Color in the template.
- Using masking tape, tape five or six pieces of thin yarn onto the template.
- Finally add glue and join both sides of the template together forming the harp.
“Sing praise to the Lord, you His godly ones, and give thanks to His holy name.” Psalm 30:4
- Print out the template and color it. Use the one that best fits the plates you will be using. You will need two circles. (Template)
- Cut out the circles.
- If the paper plates you will be using are stiff enough you will only need two. One for each side of the tambourine. If they are thin, then use four. Glue two together, at the end you will have two sides.
- Glue one template to each side.
- Lay one side down fill it with pinto beans, garbanzo beans or pebbles.
- Lay the second plate on top. Staple it shut. Add enough staples so that the filling does not come out.
If you choose you can cover up the staples using a little bit of white-out. After you finish stapling it shut, you can use a hole puncher around the edge. Then add different colored ribbons.