Homemade Watercolor Paint
Have you ever wanted to make your very own watercolor paint? Homemade watercolor paint comes together easily with a few simple ingredients. Making it is easy, the hard part is waiting for it to dry.
- 4 Tablespoons baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- food coloring
- In a mixing bowl, combine the baking soda and the white vinegar until it stops fizzing.
- Add the corn syrup and the cornstarch until you have a smooth consistency.
- Pour the mixture into individual egg carton cups, filling each about a third to halfway. You can also buy empty water color trays online.
- Add five to eight drops of food coloring to each cup, mixing it in thoroughly until you get the color you are looking for.
- Let the paint dry overnight.