This craft can be done for different bible stories and adapted for each one. It is very versatile. It can be used for:
- Teaching children the story of Noah. (Genesis 6-9) You can add a branch to the birds mouth for this story.
- Teaching children when Jesus was baptized. (Matthew 3)
- Or you can teach about who the Holy Spirit is.
If you have any other ideas about what other bible stories this craft can be applied to I would love to read them in the comments section.
- Print out the templates. (Template)
- Cut out the body, the wings and the feathers.
- Snip each individual feather around the border of the feather. (For a nice effect, before snipping the feathers, crumble them up, then snip each individual feather around the border).
- Then glue the feathers onto each wing. (Eight on the bottom and six on the top).
- Glue the wings to the body.
- Finally color in the beak. If the child chooses he can draw on the feet.