Jesus did many miracles while on earth. One that is generally not talked a lot about was telling Peter to open a fish’s mouth and having him find a coin inside. This would be a great story to do for your children’s ministry.
- Print out the template. (Template)
- Color in the coin.
- Cut out a triangular shape from a paper plate. The triangular piece will be used as the fin.
- Cut out the scale, the coin and the eye.
- Use the scale as a template and trace it onto different colored construction paper.
- Cut out the scales from the construction paper.
- Glue the scales onto the fish in a random or specific order. Use your imagination; you can get amazing color combinations.
- Glue scales onto the fin in the same order as the body of the fish.
- Cut off any excess scales from the rim of the paper plate and fin.
- Glue the fin to the body.
- Finally glue the eye and the gold coin to the fish.
Jesus feeds 5,000 is also referred to as the fishes and loaves miracle. This is a quick and easy craft so the kiddos will remember your Bible lesson.
- Print the template. (Template)
- Color and cut out each piece.
- Glue the fish and loves behind the basket in a random order.
- Glue the whole thing onto a piece of construction paper or cardstock.
- Cut out the whole figure.
- Your kids can write the memory verse on the back.
If you decide to use the small template, after the kids have finished it you can glue a magnet to the back and they can place it on their fridge.
Mary and Martha went through the lose of their brother. But Jesus used this opportunity so that the faith of His disciples and Mary and Martha could be strengthened. So that they could see who Jesus truly was and so that He and the Father would be glorified. Their suffering was necessary so that they could learn that they could completely trust in Jesus.
God allows suffering in our life too. But He does this so we can learn to depend on Him; to put our faith and trust in Him. We should also learn to be thankful for these hard situations because many times this is when we learn and grow.
“For if He causes grief, then He will have compassion according to His abundant loving-kindness. For He does not afflict willingly or grieve the sons of men.” Lamentations 3:32-33
- Print out the templates. (Template)
- Cut out the body figure.
- Glue strips of napkin or paper towel pieces to the figure, until completely covered at different angles.
- When dry cut of any excess napkin or paper towel.
- Color the main image.
- Glue on the finished figure to the main image.