Things are starting to calm down around here so I decided to upload a quick post.
This is another quick, but cute sun catcher craft. This time for one of my favorite stories; the story of Jonah and the great fish.
- Print the template onto card stock. (Template)
- Glue the template sheet to the back of a sheet of black construction paper.
- Cut out all of the white from the template. You will be left with the fish border shape. Keep the eye and body figure.
- Place the fish shape onto a self laminating sheet or contact paper, construction paper side down.
- Then place the eye and figure inside the body of the fish.
- Fill the inside of the fish with tissue paper.
- Cover with another sheet of self laminating sheet or contact paper.
- Cut out the fish from the laminating sheet or contact paper.
- Stick the fish to your window with double sided tape.
This cute craft is for the story of Jonah and the great fish.
Your kids will be able to recreat this Bible story for themselves.
- Print the template on card stock. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces.
- Glue the small Jonah onto the the thin strip of paper.
- Cut along the thin solid lines on the fish.
- Stick the large strip of paper through the large slits.
- Stick the thin strip of paper through the smaller slits.
Now it will be easy for your kids to share the story of Jonah with their friends.
Jonah knew what God had commanded him to do, but he chose to disobey. Then came the discipline of the Lord. God disciplines those He loves and this is an important lesson for all children to learn. It’s not always fun, but its one way that God demonstrates His love.
“My son, do not reject the discipline of the Lord Or loathe His reproof. For whom the Lord loves He reproves, Even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights.” Proverbs 3:11-12
- Print out and color the templates. (Template)
- Cut out the fish and cut along the two parallel lines.
- Place the fish through the parallel lines so that it appears to be poking out of the ocean.