Today’s crafts are based on the tenth and last plague on Egypt, the plague on the firstborn.
“4 Moses said, “Thus says the Lord, ‘About midnight I am going out into the midst of Egypt, 5 and all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of the Pharaoh who sits on his throne, even to the firstborn of the slave girl who is behind the millstones; all the firstborn of the cattle as well. 6 Moreover, there shall be a great cry in all the land of Egypt, such as there has not been before and such as shall never be again.” Exodus 11:4-6
The Plague On The Firstborn Coffin And Sarcophagus
- Print the template onto cardstock. (Template)
- Color in the templates.
- Cut out all three pieces.
- Fold both of the larger pieces on the dashed lines creating creases.
- Assemble both of the large pieces.
- Finally glue the piece with the face to the rectangular piece.
The Plague On The Firstborn Blood On Doorpost
- Print the template. (Template)
- Color the template.
- Glue strips/ pieces of red tissue or construction papper to the image.
You can also use paint or glitter instead of tissue/ construction paper.
For a variation of this craft you can tape crumpled large sheets of red tissue or construction paper to an actual door post. This way when your kids see it it will remind them of the Bible story.
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were remembering the promises of God. They were trusting in God. They believed that God was able to keep them from harm and deliver them from the evil intended against them. They were trusting in God; not in their cleverness or in their strength. They did not back down or worship the idol; they did not lie and say that they had served Nebuchadnezzar’s gods. They stood their ground and trusted God. God delivered Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego from their troubles. God will keep His children from harm.
“The LORD will protect you and keep you safe from all dangers. The LORD will protect you now and always wherever you go.” Psalm 121:7-8
- Print out the templates. (Template)
- Color the flames, the main picture with the furnace and the half circle.
- Cut out the flames and half circle.
- Glue the flames onto the half circle, then cut the half circle in half.
- Fold and crease each piece of the half circle to form a hinge.
- Glue each piece of the half circle to the main picture with the furnace.
Jonah knew what God had commanded him to do, but he chose to disobey. Then came the discipline of the Lord. God disciplines those He loves and this is an important lesson for all children to learn. It’s not always fun, but its one way that God demonstrates His love.
“My son, do not reject the discipline of the Lord Or loathe His reproof. For whom the Lord loves He reproves, Even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights.” Proverbs 3:11-12
- Print out and color the templates. (Template)
- Cut out the fish and cut along the two parallel lines.
- Place the fish through the parallel lines so that it appears to be poking out of the ocean.