Peter boldly told Christ that he would never deny Him, but when Jesus was arrested that is exactly what Peter did. When the rooster crowed the third time he realized what he had done, just as Jesus foretold. Peter left the courtyard crying bitterly in shame.
We like to think we would never deny Christ the way Peter did, but there are many ways in which we could do this every day- not saying grace in front of friends and family that are unbelievers, following the crowd so we do not seem uncool, giving our own opinion and not saying what the Bible says so no one will be offended, and not witnessing to those that are around us. Thankfully Jesus offers us mercy, and forgiveness by His perfect love. He can restore us just like He mercifully did with Peter.
“I sought the Lord, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces will never be ashamed.” Psalm 34:4-5
- Print and color the templates. (Template)
- Cut out all the pieces.
- Glue the feet, wings and comb to the body of the rooster.
- Finally glue four feathers to each side of the rooster.
You can also use large craft feathers in place of the paper feathers.
A cute craft to help the kiddos remember the story of Jesus healing a paralytic man. This craft can be assembled quickly if everything is printed onto colored paper or construction paper.
- Print the templates onto different colored paper or construction paper. (Template)
- Cut the first page in half. Then take an xacto knife and cut along the parallel lines. This part should be done by an adult.
- Cut out the strips from the second page.
- Weave the strips into the rectangular base. Rotate going over and under with every new strip to create a weaving pattern.
- Cut out the feet.
- Finally glue on the feet to the mat by arranging the feet on the mat and then gluing them in place.
I have also included the words “Jesus Heals” in case you would like to add it to the mat.