And Jesus said to him, “Truly I say to you, that this very night before a rooster crows twice, you yourself will deny Me three times.” Mark 14:30
This is an easy rooster craft for the story of Peter’s denial of Jesus.
- Print the template on cardstock. (Template)
- Color a paper plate the same color as you will color the body of the rooster.
- Color and cut out all of the pieces. You can choose whether or not to use the feathers.
- Glue the head and wings to the body of the rooster.
- If you are not going to be using the feathers cut the top of the paper plate so that it resembles feathers. If you are going to use the feathers glue them in a bunch (4 x 3) and then glue them to the body of the rooster.
- Glue the nest to the bottom of the paper plate.
- Finally, glue the assembled rooster just above the nest.
Peter boldly told Christ that he would never deny Him, but when Jesus was arrested that is exactly what Peter did. When the rooster crowed the third time he realized what he had done, just as Jesus foretold. Peter left the courtyard crying bitterly in shame.
We like to think we would never deny Christ the way Peter did, but there are many ways in which we could do this every day- not saying grace in front of friends and family that are unbelievers, following the crowd so we do not seem uncool, giving our own opinion and not saying what the Bible says so no one will be offended, and not witnessing to those that are around us. Thankfully Jesus offers us mercy, and forgiveness by His perfect love. He can restore us just like He mercifully did with Peter.
“I sought the Lord, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces will never be ashamed.” Psalm 34:4-5
- Print and color the templates. (Template)
- Cut out all the pieces.
- Glue the feet, wings and comb to the body of the rooster.
- Finally glue four feathers to each side of the rooster.
You can also use large craft feathers in place of the paper feathers.