“As they were going along and talking, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire and horses of fire which separated the two of them. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind to heaven.” 2 Kings 2:11
This craft is a great reminder of the story of Elijah being taken up to heaven in a flaming chariot.
- Print the template on card stock. Or glue the template onto a sheet of construction paper for strength. (Template)
- Color and cut out the mask.
- Cut out the nostrils. These will be the eye holes.
- Glue a large popsicle stick to the back of the mask.
- If you want you can add glitter to the flames.
Today’s craft is based on the fifth plague on Egypt, the plague on livestock.
“So the Lord did this thing on the next day, and all the livestock of Egypt died; but of the livestock of the sons of Israel, not one died.” Exodus 9:6
- Print the templates onto cardstock. (Template)
- Color and cut out the masks. Let your kids choose which mask they would like to make.
- To finish the mask you can either punch out a hole on both sides of the mask and attach a piece of yarn or you can glue a large popsicle stick to the mask as a handle.