10 Plagues Of Egypt Wheel
Use this wheel to help your kids learn the 10 plagues of Egypt.
“4 When Pharaoh does not listen to you, then I will lay My hand on Egypt and bring out My hosts, My people the sons of Israel, from the land of Egypt by great judgments. 5 The Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord, when I stretch out My hand on Egypt and bring out the sons of Israel from their midst.” Exodus 7:4-5
- Print the template on card stock. (Template)
- Color and cut out both circles.
- Make a small hole into the middle of the circles and stick a metal brad through it. Open and bend the legs.
The Plague On Livestock
Today’s craft is based on the fifth plague on Egypt, the plague on livestock.
“So the Lord did this thing on the next day, and all the livestock of Egypt died; but of the livestock of the sons of Israel, not one died.” Exodus 9:6
- Print the templates onto cardstock. (Template)
- Color and cut out the masks. Let your kids choose which mask they would like to make.
- To finish the mask you can either punch out a hole on both sides of the mask and attach a piece of yarn or you can glue a large popsicle stick to the mask as a handle.
The Plague Of Flies
Todays crafts are based on the fourth plague on Egypt, the plague of flies.
“Then the Lord did so. And there came great swarms of flies into the house of Pharaoh and the houses of his servants and the land was laid waste because of the swarms of flies in all the land of Egypt.” Exodus 8:24
Fly Straw Rocket
- Print and color template. (Template)
- Cut out each piece and glue them onto a piece of construction paper.
- Cut out both pieces from the construction paper.
- Glue the rim of both pieces together and stopping at the bottom of the wings. DO NOT add glue to the center of the pieces.
- Cut a straw into two pieces.
- When the fly is dry stick the straw inside the fly and blow up the fly. The air pressure will propel the fly forward.
Fly String Toy
- Print the template onto cardstock. (Template)
- Assemble the clothespin piece. (Disassemble the clothespin. Glue the two wooden pieces together. Glue the metal piece to the top. Finally glue a small item between the legs of the clothes pin, something to give it some weight. I used a metal screw.)
- Color and cut out both flies.
- Color the clothespin black.
- Glue a the flies to the clothespin. One on each side.
- Cut a piece of yarn or string to your desired length. Stick the string in the metal bracket on the top of the clothespin.
Hold one side of the string higher than the other and the fly will slide down the string. As it slides down the string it will sway side to side giving the illusion that it is flying.
- Print the template. (Template)
- Add glue to the pieces except the eyes and wings.
- Sprinkle coarse ground pepper on the glue. Tap any excess pepper off. (Use coarse ground pepper. DO NOT use the “fine powder” kind because your kids will be sneezing a lot.)
- Color in the eyes.
- When the pepper pieces dry, cut out all of the pieces.
- Assemble the fly by first gluing on the eyes. Next both wings and finally the top body piece.
You must be logged in to post a comment.