This craft will reinforce the fact that although we have not personally seen Christ, we can place our faith in Him because of the certainty of His resurrection.
- Print the template on cardstock. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces.
- Choose a figure, whether the cross or the outstretched arms and glue it to the middle of the forehead.
- Optional: At this time, if you chose to do so, you can glue on the ears, but feel free to leave them off entirely.
- Finally, use the rectangular pieces to form the band so that your kids will be able to place the craft on their heads.
This craft will remind your kids of the need of “always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.” 1 Peter 3:15
- Print the template. (Template) Print the larger shield template on colored card stock. Print the smaller shield piece, the cross, the verse, the handle and the word “defense” on colored construction paper. (For your younger kids I’ve included a fully assembled smaller shield which included all of the smaller pieces. This way all your kids have to do is color it in and then glue it onto the large shield piece.)
- Cut out all of the pieces.
- Glue the smaller shield onto the large shield.
- Next glue on the cross, then the word “defense” and finally the verse piece.
- To finish the craft, on the back glue on the handle.