“Sing praise to the Lord, you His godly ones, and give thanks to His holy name.” Psalm 30:4
- Print out the template and color it. Use the one that best fits the plates you will be using. You will need two circles. (Template)
- Cut out the circles.
- If the paper plates you will be using are stiff enough you will only need two. One for each side of the tambourine. If they are thin, then use four. Glue two together, at the end you will have two sides.
- Glue one template to each side.
- Lay one side down fill it with pinto beans, garbanzo beans or pebbles.
- Lay the second plate on top. Staple it shut. Add enough staples so that the filling does not come out.
If you choose you can cover up the staples using a little bit of white-out. After you finish stapling it shut, you can use a hole puncher around the edge. Then add different colored ribbons.
“As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15
This Bible verse has been memorized at some point in every children’s ministry. This is a great attitude to teach our kiddos and these crafts will be a constant reminder of this.
We Will Serve The Lord Door Hanger
This first craft is a simple hanging sign. After the children finish it they can place it on their bedroom door, on their bed post or even hang off the car rear view mirror.
- Print the template on cardstock. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces..
- Glue the three large rectangular pieces together from biggest to smallest.
- Then glue on the Bible verse piece.
- Lastly cut out the space to be able to slip it onto the door knob.
If your kids like they can then add stickers, jewels, or draw on designs. Let them use their imagination.
We Will Serve The Lord Table Top
I found this version online and immediately fell in love with it. Sadly no template was available. So I decided to come up with my own. Place this finished craft on your mantle or table.
- Print out the template. (Template)
- Color everything.
- At this point if you choose you can paint the paper plate.
- First glue the banner onto the paper plate.
- Then the house and finally the bush.
- Cut out the center circle of the plate cutting around the house.
- Then fold the plate in half to form the stand.