“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1:1
This cute bookmark will serve as a constant reminder that God is the creator and sustainer of everything.
- Print the templates. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces.
- Grab the blank rectangle and trace it twice onto construction paper.
- Cut out the rectangles.
- Glue the “in the beginning” template onto one of the construction paper cut outs.
- Glue the cloud and z’s to the back of the large template. In between the 5 middle spaces.
- After the cloud and z’s have dried, on the other side, fold on the solid lines creating a crease. Do this for all of the solid lines. The rectangle will fold in on itself into one visible rectangle.
- Add glue to the back of the 1st day square and stick it on the back of the “in the beginning” piece.
- Finally add glue on the empty rectangle, right after the sixth day, and stick it onto the last construction paper piece.
Your kids can now go over the story of creation at any time and will have a wonderful tool to share the story with their friends.
The Days Of Creation Wheel is a good way to share the story of God creating the world. Each wedge tells the story of what God did on that day of creation. This would make a great take home reminder of the lesson.
- Print the templates on cardstock. (Template)
- Color and cut them out.
- Make a small hole into the middle of the circles and stick a metal brad through it. Open and bend the legs.