“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1:1
This cute bookmark will serve as a constant reminder that God is the creator and sustainer of everything.
- Print the templates. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces.
- Grab the blank rectangle and trace it twice onto construction paper.
- Cut out the rectangles.
- Glue the “in the beginning” template onto one of the construction paper cut outs.
- Glue the cloud and z’s to the back of the large template. In between the 5 middle spaces.
- After the cloud and z’s have dried, on the other side, fold on the solid lines creating a crease. Do this for all of the solid lines. The rectangle will fold in on itself into one visible rectangle.
- Add glue to the back of the 1st day square and stick it on the back of the “in the beginning” piece.
- Finally add glue on the empty rectangle, right after the sixth day, and stick it onto the last construction paper piece.
Your kids can now go over the story of creation at any time and will have a wonderful tool to share the story with their friends.
“14 You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a basket. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:14-16
- Print the template onto cardstock. (Template)
- Cut out the templates leaving a white border around the lamps.
- Glue the templates onto black construction paper. This will help strengthen the craft.
- Cut out the templates from the construction paper, making sure to cut out every area of white space.
- Stick one of the templates onto contact paper or a self laminating sheet.
- Fill in the empty space with colored tissue paper.
- Glue on the other template to the back.
- Finish the craft by adding another sheet of contact paper or another self laminating sheet.
Using double sided tape you can now tape the craft to your house, car or classroom window. Remind your kids that they need to let their light shine before everyone so that people can see their good deeds and give all the glory to God.
The Days Of Creation Wheel is a good way to share the story of God creating the world. Each wedge tells the story of what God did on that day of creation. This would make a great take home reminder of the lesson.
- Print the templates on cardstock. (Template)
- Color and cut them out.
- Make a small hole into the middle of the circles and stick a metal brad through it. Open and bend the legs.