God the Creator
Creation Sun Catcher
A really cute craft for the story of creation.
- Print the template onto card stock. (Template)
- Glue the template sheet to the back of a sheet of black construction paper.
- Cut out all of the white from the template. You will be left with the earth border shape.
- Place the earth shape onto a self laminating sheet or contact paper, construction paper side down.
- Fill the inside of the continents with green tissue paper (or a brown/green mixture) and the oceans in blue tissue paper.
- Cover with another sheet of self laminating sheet or contact paper.
- Cut out the earth from the laminating sheet or contact paper.
- Stick the earth to your window with double sided tape.
In The Beginning Bookmark
“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1:1
This cute bookmark will serve as a constant reminder that God is the creator and sustainer of everything.
- Print the templates. (Template)
- Color and cut out all of the pieces.
- Grab the blank rectangle and trace it twice onto construction paper.
- Cut out the rectangles.
- Glue the “in the beginning” template onto one of the construction paper cut outs.
- Glue the cloud and z’s to the back of the large template. In between the 5 middle spaces.
- After the cloud and z’s have dried, on the other side, fold on the solid lines creating a crease. Do this for all of the solid lines. The rectangle will fold in on itself into one visible rectangle.
- Add glue to the back of the 1st day square and stick it on the back of the “in the beginning” piece.
- Finally add glue on the empty rectangle, right after the sixth day, and stick it onto the last construction paper piece.
Your kids can now go over the story of creation at any time and will have a wonderful tool to share the story with their friends.
You must be logged in to post a comment.