A great craft to help your kids remember the walls of the Red Sea and how God performed a miracle that allowed His people to cross into safety.
“Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord swept the sea back by a strong east wind all night and turned the sea into dry land, so the waters were divided.” Exodus 14:21
- Print and color the templates. (Template)
- Cut out the figures and the main background.
- Fold the creases on the main background.
- Add glue to the two tabs to form the background.
- Fold the crease on the base of the figures.
- Add glue to the base of the figures and place them on the main background.
In the picture I colored the sand yellow, but your kids can use actual sand to decorate the background.
God appeared to Moses in a burning bush and told Moses He was sending him to Pharaoh to bring Gods people out of Egypt. Moses had many objections to God’s plan. He was fearful of Pharaoh rather than trusting in God. Four times he expressed his fear to God. When Moses expressed his lack of faith a fifth time, God became angry. Although God was angry with Moses, He had compassion on Moses. He understood Moses weakness and told Moses that He would send Aaron with him.
“The Lord said, “Moses, when the king asks you and Aaron to perform a miracle, command Aaron to throw his walking stick down in front of the king, and it will turn into a snake.” Exodus 7:8-9
- Print out the template. (Template)
- Cut out all of the pieces.
- Trace them onto construction paper. For the rod use brown. For the snake your kiddos can be creative.
- Assemble the snake and cut of any overhang of construction paper so you are left with a perfect snake shape.
- Glue the rod onto a piece of cardstock.
- Cut it out leaving a small white border.
- Then glue on the snake.
The kiddos can also draw on wood designs onto the rod if they choose.
This craft can be done for different Bible stories and adapted for each one. It is very versatile. It can be used for:
- Abraham’s move to Egypt and his deception towards the pharaoh.
- Joseph becomes second in command over Egypt.
- God freeing His people through Moses.
- Print the templates. (Template)
- Color them and cut everything out.
- Glue all the pieces onto construction paper, for strength.
- Cut the template out of the construction paper.
- Align the side pieces to the main piece and glue in place.
- Glue on the extensions that will go around the child’s head.
- After it has slightly dried, wrap the extensions around the child’s head, getting the correct fit.
- Use a couple of paper clips or a piece of tape to hold the shape. Then add glue to set it in place.