You can find this craft all over the internet. Its very quick and easy to make, but kids love making it. This craft is a good way of illustrating the story of the day of pentecost to your kids. When they finish making this craft each child will have their very own “tongue as of fire.”
- Print the template. (Template)
- Cut out all the pieces.
- Use the flame pieces as templates to trace them onto red, yellow and orange construction paper.
- Cut out the flame pieces and glue the pieces together.
- Grab the rectangle templates and trace the larger pieces onto the color of your kids choice and the smaller piece onto red construction paper. You will need three of each.
- Glue the smaller pieces to the larger pieces. Then glue the assembled parts together creating one long band.
- Place the band in front of your child and then glue the flame to the center of the band.
- Wrap the band around your kids head. Once you have the desired length use a couple of paper clips or a piece of tape to hold the shape. Then add glue to set it in place.
God never abandoned the Israelites in the dessert and in the same way God does not abandon His children.
Through this story the kiddos will learn that God is always with His children guiding them and protecting them.
- Wrap a toilet paper roll with blue construction paper and a second one with either black or purple construction paper.
- On the blue toilet paper, glue on white cotton balls. Different sizes and patterns.
- With the black roll, using red, yellow and/or orange tissue paper, make little bunches and then glue them onto the pillar.
I have included flame templates in case you do not wish to use the tissue paper. (Template)
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were remembering the promises of God. They were trusting in God. They believed that God was able to keep them from harm and deliver them from the evil intended against them. They were trusting in God; not in their cleverness or in their strength. They did not back down or worship the idol; they did not lie and say that they had served Nebuchadnezzar’s gods. They stood their ground and trusted God. God delivered Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego from their troubles. God will keep His children from harm.
“The LORD will protect you and keep you safe from all dangers. The LORD will protect you now and always wherever you go.” Psalm 121:7-8
- Print out the templates. (Template)
- Color the flames, the main picture with the furnace and the half circle.
- Cut out the flames and half circle.
- Glue the flames onto the half circle, then cut the half circle in half.
- Fold and crease each piece of the half circle to form a hinge.
- Glue each piece of the half circle to the main picture with the furnace.